Scaffolding, also called scaffold or staging, is a temporary structure used to support a work crew and materials to aid in the construction, maintenance and repair of buildings, bridges and all other man made structures.
Ringlock Scaffolding belongs to a temporary structure used to support people and material in the construction or repair of buildings and other large structures. The construction and renovation industry. Painters, window washers, and construction workers who deal with multi-story structures. Also, a hangman would used a scaffold to hang people with, but hanging is not much done anymore as it has been largely replaced by more modern methods of execution. Ringlock Scaffolding is most often used for creating a working platform for either building or maintaining structures, but because it is so adaptable, it can be used for a variety of purposes, including:
1. Maintaining the exterior of an existing structure eg. painting.
2. Providing working platforms for workers building a structure.
3. Stair towers for access to other raised platforms such as flat roofs.
4. Suspended platforms, cradles or hanging platforms eg. for bridge maintenance.
5. Platforms on uneven ground for stages or marquees.
6. Stabilising or shoring a structure or tall object to keep it vertical.
7. Temporary roofs.
8. Temporary ringlock scaffolding walkways.
9. Temporary bridges.
10. Temporary buildings eg. storage sheds.
11. River bank or lake-side reinforcement.
13. Sign-boards frames and advertising hoardings.
14. Bracing structural props.
15. Racking and storage bays.
16. Hand-rails and edge protection.
17. Masts for aeriels.
18. Stage sets for television, film and theatre.